Mind Blowing

Thoughts and other crap on people, life and maybe footie...
My Haiku:
I wrote this haiku
with the hope that just maybe.
It blows you away.

Introduction:
The name is irrelevant.
The person is male.
The age is older.
The stories are true.
This blog is mine.

Stuff to surf:
o Rage against the machine
o This Modern World
o Footie
o Toon Army
o Kaki Seni
o Alanis Morrisette
o Makcik Oprah
o Anything 80s
o Michael Moore
o AlterNet
o Wiretap
o Bernama
o Internet Movie DB
o Project Petaling Street

Blogs to read:
o Kai
o Pon
o Nona
o Afti
o Sue
o Naddywoman
o Poe
o Borro
o Kuman
o Chit Chat Bola
o Maverix
o The Datin Diaries
o Kengster
o Chics
o AG
o Nik
o Nadia
o Affy
o Mooke
o Idlan
o Dhilia
o Shapeng
o Ninie

Contact:
o Send me stuff

Archives:

o December 2003
o January 2004
o February 2004
o March 2004
o April 2004
o May 2004
o June 2004
o July 2004
o August 2004
o September 2004
o October 2004
o November 2004
o December 2004
o January 2005
o February 2005
o March 2005
o April 2005
o May 2005
o June 2005
o July 2005
o August 2005
o September 2005
o October 2005
o November 2005
o December 2005
o January 2006
o February 2006
o March 2006
o April 2006
o May 2006
o July 2006
o August 2006
o September 2006
o October 2006
o November 2006
o December 2006
o January 2007
o February 2007
o March 2007
o April 2007
o May 2007
o June 2007
o July 2007
o August 2007
o September 2007
o October 2007
o November 2007
o December 2007
o January 2008
o March 2008
o April 2008
o May 2008
Credits:
o francey design
o blogger

Free Hit Counter
DVD Clubs

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Hope

Thank you to all who prayed and wished for my father's good health. Whether you called, texted, emailed or said a silent prayer on your own, I truly appreciate your kind action.

My father was diagnosed with cancer lately. The scientific name is Carcinoma of the Ampulla of Vater. If you do some Googling, you'll know that it's not a common cancer. Basically, he has a growth near his liver and pancreas. I was never good at Biology, but I can tell you it's not a nice place to have an abnormal growth. It affects a lot of things related to the digestion of foods due to its position. So when you have trouble digesting your food, then surely you know other complications will follow.

As I am writing this, Papa was discharged from the hospital this morning. Had I written this last week like I intented to, I would have told you all is well but a few days ago he was admitted again due to mild vomiting. Alhamdulillah he has gone through 10 sessions of radiotherapy and 2 rounds of chemotherapy. He has responded to treatment quite well, because I anticipated the chemo sessions to be painful and agonising. Alas, he was well enough even to commute from Seremban to Nilai daily for his treatment although not driving of course.

Cancer is an awful disease. You could never imagine how to respond when you are told that your loved one is diagnosed with it. I could hardly believe it at first. It was like a ton of bricks just came smashing down on your life. I hope none of you will go through that experience. A truly horrible experience.

Slowly but surely, the family has embraced this fact. We know things will never be the same after this. Going in and out of the hospital will be a normal routine. Life will go on albeit a difference in daily routine. And I thank God for giving us the strength till now.

I've learned a lot about cancer for the past few weeks. When I was first informed of the disease, I contacted MAKNA to learn what I can about cancer and its survivors. The doctors and staff at Nilai Cancer Hospital were exceptionally helpful too. They really made the early stages very much tolerable. One thing I can say is, the environment at the Cancer Hospital is very conducive for cancer patients. Being a terminal disease, they really try their best in making it so much easier for the patients. I almost shed a tear reading a few Thank You notes sent in by patients and some from their surviving relatives. And since everyone treated there has cancer, you can feel the bond and strength of the patients as they battle on against this horrible disease.

I'd like to end this with a quote from a survivor that I read from one of the walls of the hospital:
"Being diagnosed with cancer is not a death sentence. The most important thing is to never lose hope."

I hope we'll never lose hope.


o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o