Mind Blowing

Thoughts and other crap on people, life and maybe footie...
My Haiku:
I wrote this haiku
with the hope that just maybe.
It blows you away.

Introduction:
The name is irrelevant.
The person is male.
The age is older.
The stories are true.
This blog is mine.

Stuff to surf:
o Rage against the machine
o This Modern World
o Footie
o Toon Army
o Kaki Seni
o Alanis Morrisette
o Makcik Oprah
o Anything 80s
o Michael Moore
o AlterNet
o Wiretap
o Bernama
o Internet Movie DB
o Project Petaling Street

Blogs to read:
o Kai
o Pon
o Nona
o Afti
o Sue
o Naddywoman
o Poe
o Borro
o Kuman
o Chit Chat Bola
o Maverix
o The Datin Diaries
o Kengster
o Chics
o AG
o Nik
o Nadia
o Affy
o Mooke
o Idlan
o Dhilia
o Shapeng
o Ninie

Contact:
o Send me stuff

Archives:

o December 2003
o January 2004
o February 2004
o March 2004
o April 2004
o May 2004
o June 2004
o July 2004
o August 2004
o September 2004
o October 2004
o November 2004
o December 2004
o January 2005
o February 2005
o March 2005
o April 2005
o May 2005
o June 2005
o July 2005
o August 2005
o September 2005
o October 2005
o November 2005
o December 2005
o January 2006
o February 2006
o March 2006
o April 2006
o May 2006
o July 2006
o August 2006
o September 2006
o October 2006
o November 2006
o December 2006
o January 2007
o February 2007
o March 2007
o April 2007
o May 2007
o June 2007
o July 2007
o August 2007
o September 2007
o October 2007
o November 2007
o December 2007
o January 2008
o March 2008
o April 2008
o May 2008
Credits:
o francey design
o blogger

Free Hit Counter
DVD Clubs

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hari Raya was...

very tiring.

We didn't get to go to a lot of houses, but instead the lot of houses came to us! How convenient is that? It was in good spirit though. Due to Papa's condition, we had more than our usual group of Hari Raya guests. Though tiring, I love guests to the house. If you ever want to see me in rajin mode, make a visit to my house and who knows? Maybe I'll whip you up some of my world-famous teh O or laici campur air berkarbonat.

This year marked a couple of firsts for me. I went to my first takbir raya sessions this year. This is the annual tradition of visiting the neighbourhood houses on the eve of Syawal to recite the takbir. Papa was the one who would usually go, but since he wasn't well enough this year, you-know-who had to be called into action. In a small but meaningful way, I felt honoured to represent the family for these sessions. I almost smiled when the imam said, "Haji Bakhtiar? Haaa...ada ni haa wakilnya." Somehow at the ripe old age of 27, I finally felt grown up.

Another first was Hari Raya spent with my 7-month old niece. Although everyone says it and I know Chi will hate me for this but I'll say it anyway: My niece is the cutest baby on the planet! The entire universe actually coz she's wayyyy cuter than that Sheikh dude up there. Those with toddlers around the house will probably be familiar with the Playhouse Disney channel. It's just been a couple of days and I already know who Handy Manny, Pocoyo, Pato and the Little Einteins are. One thing I noticed is that these programs are so educational in a fun way. Kids nowadays are so lucky. I grew up on Sesame Street and look at where I am: Boleh lah carik makan dan tak merempit. Give me Playhouse Disney back then and I would probably be on the moon by now.

The family now has loads of little children. All my cousins who are around my age are breeding successfully. Alhamdulillah. So Hari Raya open houses for the Rasah clan looks more like a daytime nursery rather than a house. God-willing for me, this Hari Raya of firsts, will probably be the last spent as a bujang trang tang tang (what the F is trang tang tang?) I pray everything goes smoothly for these coming months.

On another note, I found this piece on the web. I don't have the paper clipping, but it's a fitting tribute to the men and women of NCI Hospital for their work and care. And oh, Papa got a mention too :-)

Hope you had a great Aidilfitri.


o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o