Mind Blowing

Thoughts and other crap on people, life and maybe footie...
My Haiku:
I wrote this haiku
with the hope that just maybe.
It blows you away.

Introduction:
The name is irrelevant.
The person is male.
The age is older.
The stories are true.
This blog is mine.

Stuff to surf:
o Rage against the machine
o This Modern World
o Footie
o Toon Army
o Kaki Seni
o Alanis Morrisette
o Makcik Oprah
o Anything 80s
o Michael Moore
o AlterNet
o Wiretap
o Bernama
o Internet Movie DB
o Project Petaling Street

Blogs to read:
o Kai
o Pon
o Nona
o Afti
o Sue
o Naddywoman
o Poe
o Borro
o Kuman
o Chit Chat Bola
o Maverix
o The Datin Diaries
o Kengster
o Chics
o AG
o Nik
o Nadia
o Affy
o Mooke
o Idlan
o Dhilia
o Shapeng
o Ninie

Contact:
o Send me stuff

Archives:

o December 2003
o January 2004
o February 2004
o March 2004
o April 2004
o May 2004
o June 2004
o July 2004
o August 2004
o September 2004
o October 2004
o November 2004
o December 2004
o January 2005
o February 2005
o March 2005
o April 2005
o May 2005
o June 2005
o July 2005
o August 2005
o September 2005
o October 2005
o November 2005
o December 2005
o January 2006
o February 2006
o March 2006
o April 2006
o May 2006
o July 2006
o August 2006
o September 2006
o October 2006
o November 2006
o December 2006
o January 2007
o February 2007
o March 2007
o April 2007
o May 2007
o June 2007
o July 2007
o August 2007
o September 2007
o October 2007
o November 2007
o December 2007
o January 2008
o March 2008
o April 2008
o May 2008
Credits:
o francey design
o blogger

Free Hit Counter
DVD Clubs

Sunday, November 13, 2005

A-Z of Life in Dayasari

I rarely ever blog about my life in College. I find that quite awkward since they were some of the best times in my life. I never regretted one bit of it, even though I pretty much screwed up my 1st year in Uni. But it was a great experience and one that I would have gone through, if not better if I had another chance.
I found this piece as I was going through my old computer during my uni days. It was meant to be published for the College magazine during my final year. But as with all things me, it never was submitted and thus, never saw the light of day. So, since this is my blog (insert I can do whatever I want cliche' here) I thought, heck why not? I tweaked a teeny bit of this just to make it more relevant, but I tried not to alter things much just to preserve its originality. With that, this is my A-Z of Life in Dayasari (that's Fifth College to you):

A is for Adiratna
The highest honour bestowed upon a Collegian. The recipient usually becomes THE centre of attraction during Annual Dinner. They say it's also a babe magnet, but I noticed that only one of the past recipients graduated with an awek. Betul ke, Apai? :p

B is for Bangunan Peperiksaan
Everything you learned for the whole semester (for some people, everything last night) is tested here. Also famous for its sub-zero temperatures.

C is for Co-op
Just like 7 Eleven except that it's not open 24 hours and they don't sell Durex.

D is for DTC
The place where we dream of collecting our scrolls, and not some sports complex in Bukit Jalil.

E is for Empty
How it is in college during the weekends.

F is for FFC
A group of die hard, fanatical supporters of Fifth College usually seen during SUKMUM. Also makes English football hooligans look like wimps.

G is for Gold
The colour of medals usually won by Fifth College athletes.

H is for Home
A place some seniors haven't gone to for a looooonnnggg time.

I is for Internet
Something we wished we had in our rooms. Until then, we'll just envy 10th College...sigh (I heard the whole of UM is now wired. Wi-fi lagi. Demn.)

J is for Juniors
What the seniors look forward to every time a new session starts.

K is for KFC
They don't sell hot and spicy chicken, but they do have sup ekor, nasi pattaya and anything local you can think of. Even the Colonel would be proud. (For those in the dark, KFC stands for Kantin Fifth College)

L is for Lobby
A favourite place to hangout after lunch and at night. Also functions as a meeting place, dance floor, and a place to open all sorts of useless counters.

M is for Master
Beloved and respected. (This is for the Master at the time. When I was finishing, the new guy errrr...can I say sucked?)

N is for Nine
The number we love to hate.

O is for OPAC
Very useful when doing assignments and final year project, even though the computers look like they have the same age as we are.

P is for PSP
Also known as Festival Seni, it's the only time of year where guys are forgiven for wearing lipstick and makeup.

Q is for Queue
What you don't see at the bus stop but surprisingly, normally seen at the 'Dewan Makan'.

R is for Rimba Ilmu
The place that houses and breeds the most devastating creature in Fifth College...monkeys. (The monkeys are long gone and extinct nowadays)

S is for SUKMUM
An event we totally dominate to the point that you pity the other colleges that get beaten up every year.

T is for Tentera
No shortage of these around when you have the whole PALAPES squadron here.

U is for Uncle
The lovable guy who helms the office counter. The keeper of all keys. (Uncle has sinced retired)

V is for Video camera
What the guys at KAVFO handles best.

W is for Water cooler
Despite the name, the ones in Fifth rarely produce cold water. Also functions as a place for spitting and washing cooking utensils.

X is for Xerox machine
What we wish to have available in College.

Y is for Yellow
The colour of the toilet bowls and urinals in Fifth.

Z is for Zero
The number of words that start with Z that I can think of that has anything to do with life in Dayasari and UM.


o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o