Mind Blowing

Thoughts and other crap on people, life and maybe footie...
My Haiku:
I wrote this haiku
with the hope that just maybe.
It blows you away.

Introduction:
The name is irrelevant.
The person is male.
The age is older.
The stories are true.
This blog is mine.

Stuff to surf:
o Rage against the machine
o This Modern World
o Footie
o Toon Army
o Kaki Seni
o Alanis Morrisette
o Makcik Oprah
o Anything 80s
o Michael Moore
o AlterNet
o Wiretap
o Bernama
o Internet Movie DB
o Project Petaling Street

Blogs to read:
o Kai
o Pon
o Nona
o Afti
o Sue
o Naddywoman
o Poe
o Borro
o Kuman
o Chit Chat Bola
o Maverix
o The Datin Diaries
o Kengster
o Chics
o AG
o Nik
o Nadia
o Affy
o Mooke
o Idlan
o Dhilia
o Shapeng
o Ninie

Contact:
o Send me stuff

Archives:

o December 2003
o January 2004
o February 2004
o March 2004
o April 2004
o May 2004
o June 2004
o July 2004
o August 2004
o September 2004
o October 2004
o November 2004
o December 2004
o January 2005
o February 2005
o March 2005
o April 2005
o May 2005
o June 2005
o July 2005
o August 2005
o September 2005
o October 2005
o November 2005
o December 2005
o January 2006
o February 2006
o March 2006
o April 2006
o May 2006
o July 2006
o August 2006
o September 2006
o October 2006
o November 2006
o December 2006
o January 2007
o February 2007
o March 2007
o April 2007
o May 2007
o June 2007
o July 2007
o August 2007
o September 2007
o October 2007
o November 2007
o December 2007
o January 2008
o March 2008
o April 2008
o May 2008
Credits:
o francey design
o blogger

Free Hit Counter
DVD Clubs

Friday, October 28, 2005

The Petronas Ad Moment

Sigh.

Ramadhan is drawing to a close. Wasn't it just yesterday I was asking if it was too early to start playing lagu Raya? How time flies. Oh that's so cliche' huh?
With less than a week from Hari Raya, you must be in another country if you didn't notice the hype. Today might be the last day of work before the long holidays for most of you. I wasn't allowed to take any leave this Raya season, which means I'm stuck here in this old building on the eve of Hari Raya. Now that's a first.
The boss wanted people to be in the office. I could understand that. You never know when someone will do a Karam Singh Walia and make a surprise visit, provoking the millions at home with, "Di manakah semua orang di pejabat ini??!" and wrapping it up with a kick-ass pantun or two.
No biggie. I'm here in my hometown. My balik kampung would technically mean the journey from the pejabat to my house. Thrilling stuff, huh?
I've never really felt the true joy of balik kampung. The farthest that I travelled to come home was when I was in school. You see, both of my parents are from the Seremban area. It has its pros and cons, but you feel kinda left out by the whole balik kampung experience. Both of my grandparents have passed away so there isn't exactly a kampung to look forward to anyway. My balik kampung for the last 6 years has been the trip on the KL - Seremban highway. Nothing much to shout about, I know. But it feels kinda nice to get those crappy freebies and fake smiles from the PLUS operators. And the free Nescafe' at the Petronas stations are okay too. It's not exactly gourmet, but heck it's free so just teguk je la.
Which leads me to the point of this entry, which seems pointless up till here. I just wanna wish everyone a safe journey home this holiday season. I know some of you will travel less than the journey I take, but some of you might be going on a cross-country trip too. Wherever your destination is, near or far, just be careful okay. I don't have that many blog readers, so I wouldn't wanna lose the precious few :P
And of course, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to everyone. Maaf zahir batin for any of my wrongdoings, intentionally or unintentionally. Take care and God bless.


P/s: Who's working on Wednesday next week? Contact me and we can sing 'Dendang Perantau' together while listening to the countless Raya dedications on Era. Are you up for it?


o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o