Mind Blowing

Thoughts and other crap on people, life and maybe footie...
My Haiku:
I wrote this haiku
with the hope that just maybe.
It blows you away.

Introduction:
The name is irrelevant.
The person is male.
The age is older.
The stories are true.
This blog is mine.

Stuff to surf:
o Rage against the machine
o This Modern World
o Footie
o Toon Army
o Kaki Seni
o Alanis Morrisette
o Makcik Oprah
o Anything 80s
o Michael Moore
o AlterNet
o Wiretap
o Bernama
o Internet Movie DB
o Project Petaling Street

Blogs to read:
o Kai
o Pon
o Nona
o Afti
o Sue
o Naddywoman
o Poe
o Borro
o Kuman
o Chit Chat Bola
o Maverix
o The Datin Diaries
o Kengster
o Chics
o AG
o Nik
o Nadia
o Affy
o Mooke
o Idlan
o Dhilia
o Shapeng
o Ninie

Contact:
o Send me stuff

Archives:

o December 2003
o January 2004
o February 2004
o March 2004
o April 2004
o May 2004
o June 2004
o July 2004
o August 2004
o September 2004
o October 2004
o November 2004
o December 2004
o January 2005
o February 2005
o March 2005
o April 2005
o May 2005
o June 2005
o July 2005
o August 2005
o September 2005
o October 2005
o November 2005
o December 2005
o January 2006
o February 2006
o March 2006
o April 2006
o May 2006
o July 2006
o August 2006
o September 2006
o October 2006
o November 2006
o December 2006
o January 2007
o February 2007
o March 2007
o April 2007
o May 2007
o June 2007
o July 2007
o August 2007
o September 2007
o October 2007
o November 2007
o December 2007
o January 2008
o March 2008
o April 2008
o May 2008
Credits:
o francey design
o blogger

Free Hit Counter
DVD Clubs

Monday, September 19, 2005

Whirldwind Weekend

How was your weekend? Mine was a mixed bunch of sorts. I'm suprised I don't blog as much as I would like to. I don't know why. One thing I'm sure of is that it can't be work-related pressure. No bloody way. Hehe.
Actually I got tons of things I would like write about, but since I wanna put 'em all in one posting, I guess this jumbled up digest of Stone's weekend would have to do. Not that anyone would give a damn anyhow.
Saturday was officially family day. Like literally. Spent the whole day going on a rombongan bertunang to Jerantut. If there's one thing I like about family gatherings (there aren't many I'm fond of), it's just sitting there and watching my makciks berborak. They're such gems. They could go from Mahathir to Mawi in one breath. And speaking of our 'world'ly one, I learned a whole lot of things about Mawi in 30 minutes just by observing them. Ko cakap aje la apa pun. Isu burger? Mawi dah sombong? What M. Nasir taught him? How many SMSes ASTRO received? Even the latest and hottest topic an Channel 15. You read that right. Channel 15. I rest my case.
I spent the night over at my Pak Long's place in Sikamat. He was alone and asked some of us bujang senang to come over and accompany him. I thought it was gonna be like some guys night out or something. Dead wrong. Pak Long slept with us downstairs. So much for the carom plan. I even slept early. It was kinda eerie and quiet too. The house looked so hollow. I don't wanna grow old like this. Bole tak?
Sunday was gearing-up-for-the-Oscars day. Even though it's still months away, I'm planning early this year :p Watched Crash (not to be mistaken for the erotic version) on DVD and what can I say? Kickass lineup of Hollywood stars past and present (watch out for glimpses of Tony 'Who's the Boss?' Danza and Daniel Day Kim of 'Lost'), this racially themed movie shows the raw and brutal reality of racist post-9/11 LA. After watching it, it gives me the impression that maybe we're not that racist. We're just people with everyday issues and problems who might happen to be in a wrong situation at a wrong time. We may seem racist at first, but underneath there might be a different story altogether. And besides, when you have Don Cheadle in your movie you can't go wrong. This black dude is so under-rated, man. Who needs Denzel?
I followed that up with Cinderella Man (not to be mistaken for Mr. Cinderella). This is a great movie. Feel-good movies never felt this good. I almost wept a tear for a second here. I don't care what people say about Russel Crowe. It was a great performance from him and everyone involved including our favourite Happy Days man behind the camera, Ron Howard. Screw the Oscars, SAGs, Cannes or even the Golden Globes, Cinderella Man just triumphs in my heart. Who said boxing was for tough guys?
And last night I ended the day with my favorite makcik, Oprah who had a reunion of the Seinfeld cast. I missed Seinfeld. I remembered catching it on a crude reception of the now-defunct MetroVision some time ago. I so adore Julia Louis-Dreyfus. She's so cute and funny. In all honesty, I got hooked up on Arrested Development after stopping at Channel 70 while doing some channel surfing because I caught a glimpse of her as the 'blind' lawyer. Truth be told.
And there goes my weekend. Julia Loius-Dreyfus and Mawi? I got great company, don't I?


o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o