Mind Blowing

Thoughts and other crap on people, life and maybe footie...
My Haiku:
I wrote this haiku
with the hope that just maybe.
It blows you away.

Introduction:
The name is irrelevant.
The person is male.
The age is older.
The stories are true.
This blog is mine.

Stuff to surf:
o Rage against the machine
o This Modern World
o Footie
o Toon Army
o Kaki Seni
o Alanis Morrisette
o Makcik Oprah
o Anything 80s
o Michael Moore
o AlterNet
o Wiretap
o Bernama
o Internet Movie DB
o Project Petaling Street

Blogs to read:
o Kai
o Pon
o Nona
o Afti
o Sue
o Naddywoman
o Poe
o Borro
o Kuman
o Chit Chat Bola
o Maverix
o The Datin Diaries
o Kengster
o Chics
o AG
o Nik
o Nadia
o Affy
o Mooke
o Idlan
o Dhilia
o Shapeng
o Ninie

Contact:
o Send me stuff

Archives:

o December 2003
o January 2004
o February 2004
o March 2004
o April 2004
o May 2004
o June 2004
o July 2004
o August 2004
o September 2004
o October 2004
o November 2004
o December 2004
o January 2005
o February 2005
o March 2005
o April 2005
o May 2005
o June 2005
o July 2005
o August 2005
o September 2005
o October 2005
o November 2005
o December 2005
o January 2006
o February 2006
o March 2006
o April 2006
o May 2006
o July 2006
o August 2006
o September 2006
o October 2006
o November 2006
o December 2006
o January 2007
o February 2007
o March 2007
o April 2007
o May 2007
o June 2007
o July 2007
o August 2007
o September 2007
o October 2007
o November 2007
o December 2007
o January 2008
o March 2008
o April 2008
o May 2008
Credits:
o francey design
o blogger

Free Hit Counter
DVD Clubs

Thursday, September 08, 2005

10 Days Later

Hello. It's been only 10 days and yet it feels like an eternity. A lot has happened in the world during my 10 day adventure in Kluang. Katrina and the waves proves to be more than a one hit wonder, Malaysia celebrated 48 candles, jetplanes are falling from the sky and Micheal Owen became a Magpie.
Yet in my small world in Kluang, time seems to be standing still. Not helped by the curfew imposed on us, internet access was also limited. Which made me realise how much of a geek I was feeling very uncomfortable without the 3W's. We were in our own world there, bounded by the steel gates that marked our territory.
I feel like I just came back from summer camp. We did everything short of singing 'Kumbaya' and roasting marshmallows at the campfire. But in all honesty, as the outside world closed out from me, my own world opened up. We were fed activities after activities and talk after talk. Yes. I was brainwashed. And the best part is: I enjoyed every second of it.
Even though everyone had their own excuses for being there, it was a melting pot of diversity. Engineers, lawyers, economists, Masters holders, fresh grads, the young, the old, the unemployed, businessmen, even nuclear scientists. And if I first set foot there feeling like a Superman wannabe, I left feeling how small I was knowing what some of the others had achieved.
It was really an eye-opener. To meet people who honestly believed that they want to contribute and to try to make a change. And even though there were not many like this, it was a privilege to know these people and their spirit. But I still have my doubts. We are young. We have the fire in us. But will that fire still be burning after 10-20 years? Or will it be doused by corruption and power? I dare not say for I wouldn't want to swallow my own words.
And for the first time in a long, long time, I have a basic outline of my plans in the future. Maybe I'll serve the State for a few years, do a Masters degree and try a change in environment in another Ministry. The options are open. It's up to me now. For once, the ball is in my court.
And now I have my orders. To be honest I'm quite dissapointed that I wasn't shortlisted to join the Foreign Service, but maybe there is some justification in that. And so, I will be heading for the State. Maybe Mat Hassan wants me to serve the good people of NS. I shall be looking forward to that. Mungkin ni balasan Tuhan sebab aku asyik mengata pasal pembangunan Seremban. Nah amik ubat. Ko ingat ko pandai sangat ke?
So the onus is on me to help make NS a developed state before 2020.
2019 ok tak?


o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o